- Reservations: All reservations for characters will last for 24 hours. You must apply within this time or you will lose your reservation. That being said, this does not mean you are guaranteed the character, it simply means we will not accept anyone’s application until we see yours.
- Activity: Once accepted, you must be active. We remember all applications and we will hold you to the activity level you stated. It keeps the dash, and the world we’ve created, alive for everyone. That being said, after five days of inactivity without any kind of notification, we will remove you from the group. Reblogging pictures or anything similar to that nature will not be considered as activity. We want you to interact with other characters. (Note: only 10 posts maximum for pictures, music, clips a day. Anymore and we’ll consider it overkill. Also, please do not spam the dash with your FC, no matter how beautiful they may be.)
- No god-modding: Controlling another characters actions is unacceptable and if we are notified of this, you will be warned. If you continue, we won’t hesitate to ban you from the group.
- No OOC posts: Please keep any kind of OOC posts to tags and askboxes. The dash should always been IC. We will post your hiatus for you. There is no need to post anything besides your character’s actions.
- OOC problems: Obviously, OOC drama is not tolerated on any level. This goes for bullying, harassment, pressuring another player to reply, or making a player feel uncomfortable in anyway. If you do come across any of these things, please come to us. We are great mediators, we can work out whatever concerns arise. After all, this is supposed to be fun and enjoyable experience, and we hope to create and then maintain that for you. (Don’t ever feel like you cannot raise an issue with us. We’ll always help you out).
- Stick to your character’s bio and personality: Please remember how you wrote your character. If we see you are not following what you submitted, you will be reminded of your application.
- Pre-mades: If you audition for a pre-made character, you must stick to his/her bio. We have spent a good amount of time creating these characters, it would be rude (and then against the rules) if you didn’t play the character as it was intended. If you have any concerns about how to play a character we have created, we are fine with providing you with some advice.
- Literacy: Proper grammar and spelling is expected of all players. We understand mistakes can be made when tired or distracted, but always proof read and fix any mistakes afterwards. It makes for a clean dash and it’s respectful to your partner.
- Writing style: Third person, past tense is what we require. Also, we will hold you to your para sample. If we see your writing in your audition is not the same as your normal writing, you will be warned.
- Respect people outside the RP: Please do not have full conversations on a GIF/graphic made by someone outside the group. It can be annoying to the makers and we do not want trouble with any of them.
- Quality and quantity are both important: Please try and meet your partner’s para lengths. We understand it can be difficult some of the time, but always try and put in the same amount of effort as your partner.
- Length in general: Please cut down your posts. For paras, just the reply before yours and then your reply. For conversations, please limit it to four replies in one post.
- Original characters: We love original characters. We love reading them, and we love seeing how they develop. But we also like to see someone who has taken their time with their application. There are many jobs in a hotel that could work for your particular character (a quick Google search for “Hospitality job titles” should give you some ideas), or they could even just be a guest with their own world outside of the hotel. Or perhaps they are someone who lives at the hotel in one of the apartments offered. Everything is up to you, we only ask for your best quality and the best side of your imagination in return.
- Don’t take things personal: The RP will include plently of IC drama, so please remember the difference between OOC and IC. Sadly, you are not your character. But you are the manager of their lives and interactions. Please remember that everyone does not hate you if your character is hated IC.
- Fill us in: You must notify us via the main account of any major changes with your character. You have much freedom when it comes to this RPG, but obviously, there is a limit. (Deaths and other major plots need to be approved).
- Deactivation: Don’t deactivate or leave without telling us beforehand. That also goes for hiatuses. If you want, or feel you need to take a break for whatever reason, we’re completely fine with them. All you need to do is let us know beforehand.
- End of rules and confirmation: Now that you’ve made it up until point seventeen, we need to make sure you have read our rules. So, we’ve included a “secret” section on your application. Once you are ready to send in your app, please include at the end the form at the section which says: “Yes?” Put: “
I made it to #17.” After that, you’re ready to send it in.
- Finally: Good luck.
Note: If there are any concerns or if you’re new to RPing, look over our F.A.Qs or send us a message and we’ll help you along the way.